DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG...

Honda Civic

centgent238

March, 24, 2007 AT 11:07 AM

I have a 2001 honda civic lx with 133000 miles on it.
when I start my car it starts fine then idles fast and then goes really low and shakes like its going to die before leveling off. The car drives fine but when I stop and idle I notice the passanger seat shakes. When it doesn't shake I can feel vibration in my seat and in the sterring wheel. I recently replaced the spark plugs and now the problem is worse. The longer idle the more I can feel something shaking in the engine. Plus there is a constant clicking noise coming from somewhere around the belts, and I swear after I drive for awhile I can smell something overheating in the engine. What could be wrong, and how much would it cost to fix it?

Jack42

March, 25, 2007 AT 8:01 AM

Hmmm. Go back to the tune up, got worse? Did you use OEM parts or Bosch platinum plugs? Remove plugs and double check the gap, recheck firing order. You could have created your own problem by installing a bad plug. The original vibration. Have the motor mounts checked? Also might want to clean out the throttle bore with a rag and a little carb spray, that will probably help the low idle problem

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang