Washer fluid not working?

WADSKEV
  • 2007 HONDA CIVIC
Bought my car a month ago. When I tested drive this car, after I pumped washer fluid and it did not stop squirting. It dribble when you drive and it stops when you stop the car. Dealer replaced motor week after bought the car. I pumped washer fluid and it will not stop spitting after washed. Any idea? Bad relay? I will disconnect battery and see if it stops spitting after reconnect the battery.
Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 6:36 AM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here is the information you requested. This issue could be caused by an electrical or relay that is shorted to ground causing the washer pump to have voltage and continue to dribble after use. Here is a tutorial showing how to test electrical circuits:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

I've attached the wiper motor wiring circuit for your car. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 AT 5:47 PM
MICHAEL SANTOS
  • 2005 HONDA CIVIC
Is there a separate fuse for the pump?
Monday, May 10th, 2021 AT 11:54 AM (Merged)
SCGRANTURISMO

I have included in the diagrams down below not only the under dash but the under hood fuse/relay box, but their call outs as well. Please go through these guides and determine the fuse controlling your window wiper motor. If your fuse is good get back to us. We will have some other specific diagnostics you can do to track the problem down.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
CANCERIAN
  • 2000 HONDA CIVIC
The washer fluid light is illuminated at all times and does not go away, I have topped up the washer fluid in reservoir but still does not disappear. Need some help.
IMPALASS
Hello

You didn't specify what Civic you had so I looked at a DX Coupe.

Based off what you said it is the washer level switch located on the bottom of the windshield reservoir.

You could try inspecting the connector to ensure it is connected and in good working order. If that is okay then I have attached how to check out the system.

To me, the directions say to remove the bumper. I would see if you can just remove the washer container. Then I would remove the switch and keep it plugged in. Turn the key on and move the switch up and down. Depending on how it is made as you move the float up and down it may turn the light off on the dash then you will know it is the switch.

My thought, replace the switch.

Washer Level Switch Test (Canada)

Remove the front bumper.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_1_28.jpg

Disconnect the 2P connectors from the washer.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_2_21.gif

Check for continuity between the terminals in each float position according to the table.
DANBUB55
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC
When it got very cold for days my washer worked then stopped. I have plenty of fluid.
KEN

It could have frozen the washer fluid which is common. They make washer fluid that resists freezing which will help. Can you hear the motor running when you use thee switch?

Here is a guide to help you see what you are in for when doing the job:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-windshield-washer-pump

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
+1
DANBUB55
Yes, it was frozen. Thanks for your time. I took hot water and poured it on the lines.
KEN
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers, Ken
VAZZIE1212
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC
The fluid of windshield washer won't spray and I don't here the motor.
The fuse for the windshield washer is fuse #26 in the under dash fuse panel. Here is a guide to help you check for power and diagrams below to show the fuse location and identification.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
+2
ZACHPEDERSEN
  • HONDA CIVIC
2000 honda civic, the sprayer doesnt spray im thinking its a pump but I dont know. Ive been driving blind for a week without a sprayer.
(please help me please) 2cars pro rokks! Thnx 8) :D
Monday, May 10th, 2021 AT 11:55 AM (Merged)
BRUCE HUNT
Yes it could be the pump especially if both sides don't spray. First of all ensure that you have fluid. Then I would look for the hose coming out of the resevoir and ensure that the line is free of any blockage. Any time you have a problem like this start at one end and work to the other end. Crap in the system will cause blockage. With the engine off and an assistant try to run the washers. See if the pump runs. Check fuses as well.

Sponsored links