To replace the bumper it is not that difficult.
FRONT BUMPER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
NOTE: Ã Have an assistant help you when removing and installing the front bumper. Ã Take care not to scratch the front bumper and body. Ã Put on gloves to protect your hands.
1. Remove these items:
Front fender trim
Front grille cover
2. Remove the bolts (A, B), screws (C), and clips (D, E) securing the front bumper (F).
NOTE: To remove the clips D and E, pry the inner clip up at the edge near the line (G) on its head.
3. Pull on the front bumper (A) at the wheel arch areas to release it from the hooks (B) on the side spacers (C).
4. With the help of an assistant, while pulling the wheel arch portion away from the side spacer (A) and the lower corner portion (B) away from between the front inner fender (C) and the front strake (D) (Si model 2-door), pull the front bumper to release the bumper from the hooks (E) on the upper beam (F).
5. Remove the front bumper (A).
6. Release the hooks (A) (4-door), then remove the front bumper absorber (B) from the front bumper beam (C).
7. Install the bumper in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
Make sure the front bumper engages the hooks (of both center upper beams and side spacers) on each side securely.
Check if the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, and if necessary, replace them with new ones.
Push the clips and hooks into place securely.
Friday, February 13th, 2009 AT 11:56 AM