2001 Honda Civic

MISSYONIC
  • 2001 HONDA CIVIC
2001 Honda Civic 4 cyl Automatic 171000 miles

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX, my car started to shake real bad like it was going to die out when stoped. Also on the express way at 65 mph it would shake. When I would go up the ramps to the express way my car would take a while and not go over 45 mph. Then the check engine light came on so I took it to Autozone and they said it was a misfire in cylinder 1 and 3 so I replaced all my spark plugs and coils. Well the problem didnt stop. So when it started to shake I raised the wires above the engine, I belive its the fuel line and well it stops for a little while. Can this be part of the misfire. What can it be?
Monday, August 11th, 2008 AT 10:50 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi missyonic,

What you described should be the coil pack wire sockets. Yes, they could be the cause of the misfiring, bad or contaminated connections.
Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 AT 9:13 AM
MISSYONIC
Thanks, great information to know.
However this morning I started car and right away it started to shake and the check engine light kept flashing as well. So I opened hood and above the engine are those wires I assume there called the "fuel injection". There not located on the lower part by the coils. There on the upper part of the engine, well I lifted them up and well the car kicked and the light stoped shaking and flashing. I then went to autozone to see what those wires were called and what could it possibly be and well the guy had no clue what the wires were called. So does anyone know if they are in fact fuel injection? And can that be the cause of the shaking? Or misfire?

Right now I have a piece of wood below those wires holding them up so my car wont shake. And well, its running smooth so far.
Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 AT 10:22 AM
KHLOW2008
Hi missyonic,

Fuel injectors are located at side of engine on intake manifold, and they are connected by 2 wire sockets.

Did you do a scan for the CEL?

What you described should either be the coil pack wires or fuel injectors wires.
Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 AT 11:47 AM
MISSYONIC
Okay so my car gets worse everyday now, and ive taken it to 3 diffrent mechanics and they cant find the problem.

I took it back to autozone to check it again and they said that its a misfire on cylindar three now.

I already replaced the coils and spark plugs also my gas tank is full, what should I do now? Or replace? The block that I had to hold up those wires no longer works. The car now shakes regardless. But when you really listen to it, its more of a sputter.

Could it be not enough gas flow? My car pulls about 350 miles on a tank. Is that good>?

HELP!
Friday, August 15th, 2008 AT 11:16 AM
KHLOW2008
Hi missyonic,

Guess you need to check the injectors and their wires/power supply.
Friday, August 15th, 2008 AT 11:35 AM
MISSYONIC
Okay, So you are so right! I had to replaced fuel injectors. All four of them were bad.
My car works great now. Thanks Alot!
Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 AT 9:21 AM