CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - MAP SENSOR

1998 Honda Civic

oilw30

July, 2, 2008 AT 2:41 PM

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 85,000 miles

Took my Civic in and they said I need a new MAP sensor. The check engine light had come on and it returned code P0108.

They also said I need a new " adapter harness, " which seems to be very expensive. Does anybody have any idea what this?

July, 3, 2008 AT 8:25 AM

Hi oilw30,

Never heard of such a thing.

Get a throttle body assy from the scrap yard, it comes with the MAP and should not be expensive.

Honda MAP seldom fails, could be a wiring problem. Get a second opinion.

oilw30

July, 7, 2008 AT 1:35 PM

Hi,

Thanks. I took it to a second guy and he did a new diagnostic. He said it was the MAP sensor too and replaced it for about 1/5 the price that the dealer mechanic wanted. Hopefully that's the end of my troubles.

The car still seems to be wobbling a bit, like it's idling high, but I think it's done that for a while and it comes and goes.

July, 8, 2008 AT 6:53 AM

Hi oilw30,

Irregular idling could be due to idle adjust not correct, insufficient coolant, clogged coolant hose to IAC and clogged IAC or throttle body.