MANUAL WINDOWS

1996 Honda Civic

gokim08

January, 3, 2009 AT 10:52 AM

Interior problem
1996 Honda Civic 120000 miles

Just bought a used Honda Civic in basically great overall condition! Problem: (Manual windows and locks) Both driver and passenger side windows tend to push outward and out of the track. Tried tackling the passenger side window yesterday (*%^*!) &Amp; it seems the molding serving as the track guide may be the most of the problem. Not absolutely sure though! Haven't taken the driver side door panel apart yet, it has pretty much the same problem except it tends to roll down some on it's own. Shutting the door, bumps, etc.
Diagrams, suggestions. Anything will help! (Also, I'm my stubborn fathers daughter and on a mission to prove I CAN fix this on my own!)

January, 10, 2009 AT 9:11 AM

Hi gokim08,

You are correct, the cause of the door glass moving out of position is most likely to be the runchannels. If they are hardened, it would cause the glass to move erratically and out of position.

The door glass droping by itself could be due to a faulty regulator or a broken regulator srping. I do not have any datat on manual windows to show you so this is the best I can assist.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation