CYLINDER HEAD

1994 Honda Civic

ghamm

November, 27, 2008 AT 9:09 AM

1994 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 154000 miles

i am replacing the cylinder head on my 94 civic dx 1.5 91c.I.D and im trying to find out what type of engine I have as far as the b or s the only thing I have is the vin and this was on the engine lable rhn1.5jgfea. Not really experienced with hondas interchangeable engines and parts. Can you also tell me what other cyl. Heads would fit this engine

F4I_guy

November, 27, 2008 AT 4:57 PM

Your head code is casting into the head. On that motor I believe its on the front passenger side, underneath the valve cover. You'll have to scrap off some dirt/grease to see it though.

OR, directly beneath where the upper rad hose connects to the water neck on the motor. You will see an engine stamp on the block. It will probably say d15b7. Trust me, its there! It's right to left (towards the driverside) of the transmission about half way down the block.

As for what heads will fit, most SOHC heads are interchangeable, however this may cause you to wire up some harness clips, or even have a tuner tune your ECU.

Let me know what heads you are looking at and I will help you out. I specialize in hondas.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement