Check the air mix cable underdash and heater valve cable adjustment near firewall in engine compartment.
AIR MIX CABLE
NOTE: Heater valve cable should always be adjusted whenever air mix control cable has been disconnected. See HEATER VALVE CABLE.
1. Disconnect heater valve cable from heater valve. Set temperature control lever to COOL position. Turn cable arm to the stop and connect the end of air mix control cable to cable arm.
2. Gently slide air mix cable outer housing back to eliminate slack, and snap cable housing into clamp.
HEATER VALVE CABLE
NOTE: Air mix control cable should always be adjusted whenever heater valve cable has been disconnected. See AIR MIX CABLE.
1. With both ends of cable disconnected from air mix door and heater valve, close heater valve by turning control arm toward cable clamp. Connect one end of cable to heater valve control arm. Secure cable using clamp.
2. Slide temperature control lever to cold position. Connect other end of cable to control arm of air mix door (air mix cable is installed on connecting linkage).
3. Close air mix door and heater water valve. Gently slide cable housing back to eliminate any slack in cable without moving temperature control lever and air mix door. Snap housing into clamp.
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 10:17 AM