RAW FUEL IN MY OIL PAN

Honda Accord

btconwood

February, 19, 2007 AT 5:15 AM

I have a 1988 Honda Accord, 2.0 liter engine, approx 85k on this engine. Aquired car with a seized engine - got a used engine from a local junkyard - replaced several parts while engine was out, i.E clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, timing belt, drive belts, hoses, necessary gaskets. I used the intake, carb, and exhaust manifold from the seized engine because they were in better shape and the used engine did not have a carb. My first problem was a cracked stator magnet in the distributor causing very weak spark. Got car started, noticed fuel coming out aroung needle valve on top of carb - o-rings bad - also noticed fuel in oil. Rebuilt carb - still getting raw fuel in oil pan. Have been over and over vacuum hose routing, etc. Can't seem to find the cause - Please help!

February, 19, 2007 AT 1:10 PM

You sure its a Carb or it looks like it-if its a carb check the float adjustment. The only way for fuel to the crankcase is thru the Carb, also check the fuel pump pressure.

btconwood

February, 19, 2007 AT 9:53 PM

Have checked that also - there is a sight glass on the side of the carb that enables you to observe the float level under various conditions - all in spec - have not checked fuel pump pressure, will do - I will let you know the outcome

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX