INTERMITTENT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND STARTING PROBLEMS

Honda Accord

delsky06

December, 1, 2006 AT 12:32 PM

1988 Honda Accord LXI, 214,000 k Have had car since she was new. (Had) Replaced clutch, timing belt, water pump at 205,000k at 210,000k had oxygen sensor replaced. With warm weather I had to open gas cap release pressure wait then she would start. Then when that failed I was instructed to use small amount of starter fluid in the intake. That worked. Check engine light is off and on. Then with cold weather no problem, she started everytime. Now with cold weather both removing gas cap and adding small amount of starter fluid she starts then dies, starts and dies? What to do now? Thank you.

Bruce Hunt

December, 1, 2006 AT 1:59 PM

This is Fuel injected, right? Have you had a pressure test done on the fuel system? Have you replace the fuel filter?

delsky06

December, 1, 2006 AT 2:32 PM

Yes, it is fuel injected, and will start with checking fuel system, do you mean check pressure in fuel pump? And will check fuel filter. Thank you again.

Bruce Hunt

December, 1, 2006 AT 3:24 PM

You should check the fuel pressure at the rail where the injectors are located.