EXTENDED WARRANTY - REAL VALUE

2009 Honda Accord

waterwreck

May, 27, 2009 AT 11:05 AM

Warranty problem
2009 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200 miles

I want some advice on the frequency of computer related problems for newer Honda Accords. I recently bought an extended warranty for my 2009 Accord (EX, no Nav). The extended warranty is for 8 years / 120K miles and covers everything but routine maintenance (noting that routine maintenance is a lot). From my experience. The big sell for me is the computer reliability, electric windows, and sunroof. The computers (chips, sensors, processors, etc.) Are extremely expensive to replace. What statistics (objective or anecodatal) are there for frequency of computer-related problems, especially once you get into the 60K-100K mileage range? Thanks for your help!

Service Writer

May, 27, 2009 AT 9:01 PM

IMHO, The honda is one of the best to own for dependability and long term ownership. Rarley do extended warranties pay for themselves, but sometime they do. It is gambling more or less. Computer problems are not nearly as frequent as they once were. Often software upgrades can be performed.

I don't know that I can come up with stats other than experience. One thing that is always in the back of my mind with new cars are what new problems are lurking. Especially in this age of globalization. The car you bought is one I recommend to my customers to buy. The only exception, is I would never buy new and take the nasty depreciation hit.

Enjoy the car.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage