Windshield wiper problems

PCAMERON
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD
The wipers on our Honda Accord have started moving past the range they are meant to cover. When they go up, the driver's side wiper goes about two inches past the edge of the windshield onto the frame and when they come down they crash down loudly to the bottom. They only work about half the time?
Friday, May 14th, 2010 AT 2:48 PM

HONDA TECH 1818

It sounds like the wiper motor and wiper linkage is worn out but to be sure let's use this test light to check for power at the motor and check the linkage here is the wiring diagrams and instructions on how to change the wiper motor and linkage out below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.
+3
Saturday, May 15th, 2010 AT 9:56 PM
REDBULLS1
Thanks for this post I had the same problem and had to replace the wiper motor cost me $143.00 all set.
Saturday, January 12th, 2019 AT 5:51 PM
VANG
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
My windshield wiper is going crazy. When I turn on slow mode, it goes all the way up like it suppose to. When I turn it fast mode, it goes all the way and it the rubber edge of the windshield. The wiper doesn't stop where it suppose to stop and come back down. Can you please tell me what is really wrong with my windshield wiper. I don't want to buy something that will not fix my problem. Thanks for your help.
Monday, January 14th, 2019 AT 12:56 PM (Merged)
JACK42
Id check the bushings on the arms to see if one is bad, other than that it sounds like it may be the motor if the blade doesnt hit in other speeds. Is the arm secure (tight) on its mount?