2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 43,313 miles
Clutch safety switch clicks, replaced and stopped.
After about 2k miles, started again. Do I have to
replace this switch again? ( First started at around 40k miles.) Now worried that this is a safety issue.
Please advise on my next step.
When does the clicking occur?
Did you check the switch to pedal clearance?
July, 7, 2010 AT 8:36 AM
The clutch clicks when I push in on it about 3/4 way
down. Then it clicks when I release it. 1/4 way back
I don't know anything about the switch to pedal clearance. Can you tell me about this? How do I check this?
July, 7, 2010 AT 10:11 AM
Seems the new switch is malfunctioning as well resulting in the clicking noise.
CLUTCH PEDAL, CLUTCH PEDAL POSITION SWITCH, AND CLUTCH INTERLOCK SWITCH ADJUSTMENT
" Check the clutch pedal position switch.
" Check the clutch interlock switch.
" Remove the driver's floor mat before adjusting the clutch pedal.
" The clutch is self-adjusting to compensate for wear.
" If there is no clearance between the master cylinder piston and push rod, the release bearing will be held against the diaphragm spring, which can result in clutch slippage or other clutch problems.
1. Loosen the clutch pedal position switch locknut (A), and back off the clutch pedal position switch (B) until it no longer touches the clutch pedal (C).
2. Loosen the clutch pushrod locknut (D), and turn the pushrod (E) in or out to get the specified height (F), stroke (G), free play (H), and disengagement height (I) at the clutch pedal.
Clutch Pedal Stroke: 130-140 mm (5.12-5.51 in.)
Clutch Pedal Free
Ã Play: 10-18 mm (0.39-0.71 in.)
Clutch Pedal Height: 191 mm (7.52 in.)
Ã Disengagement Height: 95 mm (3.74 in.)
3 Tighten the clutch pushrod locknut.
4. With the clutch pedal released, turn in the clutch pedal position switch until it contacts the clutch pedal.
5. Turn in the clutch pedal position switch an additional 3/4 to 1 turn.
6. Tighten the clutch pedal position switch locknut.
7. Press the clutch pedal to the floor.
8. Release the clutch pedal 9-12 mm (0.35-0.47 in.) from the fully pressed position, and hold it there. Adjust the position of the clutch interlock switch (K) so the engine will start with the clutch pedal in this position.