CAR BATTERY

2005 Honda Accord

dbudd31

October, 14, 2008 AT 9:40 PM

2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 56300 miles

I have a problem with my car battery. When I go to start my car the engine doesn't turn and all my dials on my dashboard spin in circles and my radio resets and my headlights wont turn on. I jumped the battery and all worked thereafter yet when I turned my car off and turned it back on there was nothing once again. Is it possible I need a new battery when my honda accord is only 3 yrs old?

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

banshee05

October, 15, 2008 AT 1:48 AM

It is possible the battery could need to be replaced the average lifespan of a battery is anywhere between 3-5 years and at 56,000 it is very possible it does need to be replaced before going ahead with a new battery I would advise you to check the negative and postive terminal clamps for corrosion and tight clean connections as these things can cause problems like you are having also. If the connections are clean and tight then the battery is most likely due for a change. Hope this helps--

Jon

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide