WHINING, SHREAKING NOISES COMING FROM MY

2004 Honda Accord

cathina2002

October, 1, 2008 AT 9:20 PM

Noises problem
2004 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 83,400 miles

I have a question,

I have a 2004 honda accord about 83k miles. Just recently within the last few weeks began to hear light whining sound/ sort shreaking noise from the car. When I get out of the car to see where it is coming from, it seems to be coming from the left passenger side under the hood, in the area where the belt is. The sound continues and then stops if the car has been in drive mode for more than 15-20 minutes, do you know what this might be?

red45

November, 11, 2008 AT 3:37 PM

I suspect that you have an idler pulley going out, although the mileage seems a little low for this problem. You should have it checked out by a mechanic with a stethoscope to help pinpoint it.

cathina2002

November, 11, 2008 AT 3:46 PM

Thanks for replying. I took it to the honda dealership over the weekend for oil change. I had them check it out. It is actually the serpentine belt, it need to be replaced because it is beginning to crack.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy