2004 Honda Accord Accord shakes slightly while coasting at

JGARDNER21
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
Hi, My 04 Accord V6 has a shudder. Barely perceptible at low speeds, you feel it while accelerating at 45 - 60 and then again at 75 mph. While coasting, it's very pronounced at 55-60. The shudder can be felt in the steering wheel with maybe a millimeter or two movement to either side. I can definitely feel it through the gas pedal and even more strongly on my lower right leg that rests against the center console down low close to the floor.
The following recent fixes improved things to the state I described above: alignment, new tires (they were worn in spots, causing "jumping"), new rotors (warped).
The garage (Pep Boys) is now suggesting shocks, but that doesn't resonate with me. It feels like a halfshalft or CV problem. Help! Thanks, Jon
Friday, May 30th, 2008 AT 2:04 PM

MERLIN2021
If your tires were worn so high and low spots appeared, you do need struts, it's called scalloping, and it will do it to the new tires if you keep driving on bad struts. Once this pattern wears into the tires, it cant be stopped even with the new struts, so dont wait! Or you will need to replace the tires again! Also were the ball joints check? I assume so if an alignment was done.
Friday, May 30th, 2008 AT 2:29 PM