I need to replace the brake line can you help?

MKIMPLER
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD
The two rubber brake lines that run under the car to the back breaks seem to hang freely. The one that leads to the driver side back break is sagging, so that from a distance you can see it from under the car. Im afraid it could catch on something. Can I pin this up under the car some way without causing problems or does it have to be taken in?
Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 AT 9:45 PM

MHPAUTOS
HI there,

I would say that they have been fitted incorrectly, you should be able to loosen both ends and turn them so the natural curves are uppermost, just make sure that they do not touch body or suspension parts, tighten and re bleed brakes. Here are videos to help you make your own line or replace the brake flex hose.

https://youtu.be/sO43p4ZFUiM

and

https://youtu.be/1Prs_coIuCg

The process is the same in most cases.

mark (mhpautos)
Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 AT 9:49 PM
MKIMPLER
Thanx for the info!
Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 8:13 PM
MHPAUTOS
Let me know how you get on.

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 11:12 PM
RIEBE123
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
The brake light came on after I had $700.00 of brake work done. I had my mechanic put it on the hoist and the brake lines were leaking or as my mechanic says seeping. I want to sell the car in about 3-4 months. Can I hold out repairing the lines for that period of time?
Friday, April 9th, 2021 AT 1:29 PM (Merged)
KASEKENNY1
Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not wise. Not only is this something that you should disclose to the next owner because that is a safety issue and it will hurt the asking price, but it is not safe for you to drive either.

Even if they are seeping, it is not going to get any better and if that line ends up splitting (as it will in time) then you could lose your brakes without warning.

Again, I would not delay in getting this corrected.
+1
MLM2588
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
I was changing my rear brakes and when I was completed I started pumping my brakes to tighten everything up. Now I have a brake line that is leaking. The leak is coming from the center of the car all the way in the back, probably the line that is running to my rear passenger side brake. There is a black guard that was blocking my view of the line once I took it off I still couldn't see the line, only my fuel tank. Does this line run above my fuel tank? and if so would I have to remove my fuel tank in order to replace this line? Would it just be easier to pay to get it fixed?

(I.E. The brake line that I think is the one leaking is #9 on this picture)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/196617_13SV40_012_8_1.jpg

KHLOW2008
Hi mlm2588,

The line runs above the edge of the fuel tank. It is quite troublesome to replace it.
+1
MLM2588
Hi,
Thank you. Im only a back yard mechanic, is this something that is a "do it yourself" kind of thing where I can complete this in my garage.

Thanks again
+1
Friday, April 9th, 2021 AT 1:30 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi mlm2588,

It is possible to do it in the back yard but you need to lift the vehicle to be able to work it.

If the leakage is not due to corrosion and the point of leakage is accessible, you can try getting a pipe connecting joint of the correct size to solve the problem.
+1
DOOFUSYOU
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
I have a leak in my brake line right underneath my driverside door. My brother attempted to fix it but when he went to the auto store they said the whole line system needs to be repaired. I need this done as soon as possible but want to do it myself. Please HELP!
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

you will have to remove the complete section of damaged pipe and replace it with a genuine pipe or you can get one made to length but it must have automotive hydraulic double flared ends or it will not seal.

+1

Sponsored links