IGNITION

2001 Honda Accord

jpot34

October, 17, 2008 AT 2:00 PM

Interior problem
2001 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100, 00 miles

I put the key in the ignition, and it won't turn at all. Tried jiggling the steering wheel, and pushing the car to break it lose. Tried tilting the wheel up, and down but can; t get it to break lose and turn over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sally

October, 22, 2008 AT 3:46 PM

Hi Sally,

Either you got the wrong key or the key tumbler is bad. It is not going to be easy to solve the problem as the tumbler cylinder is removable only with key in ACC position.

Another possible reason is a stuck interlock switch at the key cylinder.

You might need the services of a locksmith.

If you have the alarm system in order, try disconnecting the battery and retest. It would only be applicable if the interlock is at fault.

jpot34

October, 22, 2008 AT 4:48 PM

Thank you for your reply! Was going to take it to a Honda dealership. What price range do you think it will cost? Thank you! Sally

October, 23, 2008 AT 12:08 PM

Hi Sally,

Sorry I am not able to find the estimated cost for the key cylinder. Book time for replacement is 0.9 hours.

Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang