2000 Honda Accord What does a low controller do?

DREAMANGEL17S
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
Hi,

I have a car that was wrecked by the previous owner. I've had it for about 4 years now.

I recently went in for an alignment in which they told me that they couldn't do it.

They told me that the shocks and the "low controller" (if I heard them correctly) needed to be replaced, otherwise the alignment won't last. This is on the passenger side.

I've brought my car in for alignments before, but this is the first time someone has brought it up. This is not at the dealership, by the way.

They said they can replace it for me for $520, but I wanted to know if it is really necessary. What does the low controller do? I am still driving it now and the steering wheel is a little off and I know that will probably wear my tires away quicker. But should I really be worried about this? Should I get it replaced?

I plan on using this car for about 1 more year until I get a new one and I just wanted to know if it's worth replacing.

I am definitely not a car person, so it would be great if someone could keep that in mind in your explanations.
Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 1:26 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

They will be referring to the lower control arm, this is the arm that extends from the sub frame and mounts the lower portion of the suspension strut, I would think that it is the mounting bush that is faulty and not the arm, the are will be ok as long as it has not been bent in an accident, the bush is a press fit and should not be expensive to replace.

Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 2:10 AM