1999 Honda Accord

NOSHO47
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
I bought a 99' honda accord and changed out my spark plug except for the #1 plug. For some reason there the #2, 3, 4 plug came out very easily but the #1 plug is hard to remove. I think its the factory plug and there is no hex for the socket to fit. Instead there is rubber around it. I tried taking off that rubber with a flat head screw driver but it seems to be alot deeper then I thought. Someone told me try using JB weld and put it in the socket and let it settle but I think that MAY be my last resort. Is that safe? I really need to get my car running because this is my only family car that I have. Do you know any other way to remove the plug?
Wednesday, January 14th, 2009 AT 12:39 AM

MACK17
The rubber most likely pulled off the end of the spark plug. Try using a piece of stuff wiring to get the rubber off the plug so the spak plug wrench can go on.
Wednesday, January 14th, 2009 AT 12:40 PM
NOSHO47
After inspecting the spark plug I noticed that it is NOT rubber. It is JB Weld. Is there anytihng else that I can do to remove it? If not, I will either buy a new/rebuilt head or get it machined out
Friday, January 16th, 2009 AT 12:47 PM