1997 Honda Accord My Driver Door

KBATOT826
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
1997 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My driver side door wont open. I took the door panel off and now I can't get the driver side door to open. Can someone please walk me through what to do?
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 10:52 AM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Are you trying to open it from the inside or outside? Did you accidentally hit the lock while removing the door panel?
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 10:55 AM
KBATOT826
No. I can't open the door from the inside. I didn't hit the lock button. I think the handle didn't catch as good as I hoped. But I'm not sure.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 10:59 AM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
If handle is hanging by the cable, pull the handle and cable until it is straight and tight then pull on the handle keeping cable tight while doing so.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 11:02 AM
KBATOT826
This has got to be the hardest door ever made. Ok. SO when I get the cable hooked then plug in every thing or plug all the wires in first?
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 11:06 AM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Wires don't have to be connected for door to open. Are you trying to install the door panel? If so then yes it is usually necessary to first plug in the connections then install the handle and replace panel back to original position.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 11:08 AM
KBATOT826
OK. I took off the door panel and unhooked everything on it. Then when I went to put it back on I connected everything back. While trying to put the latch back it kept fallin off. I just need someone to offer some advice on how to get the latch back on without it fallin off. Where is the latch supposed to connect to? I have to like rods that are in the same spot and I'm not even sure which one that it is supposed to hook to.
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 11:13 AM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Okay I am going to give you the removal and installation procedures for your vehicle's door panel..

REMOVAL/INSTALLATION:
Remove the outside (side view) mirror.
If equipped with manual windows, remove the regulator handle by pulling the clip out with a small wire hook
Remove the screw from the door handle trim.
Slide the handle assembly forward and out to access the lock rod clip.
Release the clip
Disconnect the door lock switch
Remove the inner door handle assembly.
Carefully pry at the small opening on the bottom of the speaker grill.
Remove the speaker grille.
Remove the speaker mounting screws.
Detach the electrical connector and remove the speaker.
Remove the caps screws in the armrest (pull pocket panel), then remove the armrest.
Remove the center from the trim clip at the upper front of the door panel and remove the clip.
Using a suitable trim panel removal tool, unsnap the door panel from the door frame and detach any necessary electrical connectors.
Carefully lift the door panel up and away from the door frame.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.

(((To remove the inner handle, pry the cap out (B) and remove the screw. Pull the handle forward and halfway out, then detach the rod (C) and power door lock connector (D) )))

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_0900c1528003a622_1.jpg

Thanks for using 2CarPros.com!
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 11:32 AM