THE PRICE OF A NEW ENGINE FOR A 91

1991 Honda Accord

Dncameron15

October, 21, 2010 AT 12:57 AM

1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 216000 miles

I have a 91 Honda accord with 216,000 miles on it. I would like to know how much it would cost me to put a new engine in it, I'm afraid it might give on me soon because of the high mileage. I'm trying to determine if it's going to be worth it to money into the car. So just to clarify my question is how much would it cost to put a new engine in a 91 Honda accord? Thank you so much for your help

October, 21, 2010 AT 12:25 PM

Hi Dncameron15,

If you do not have any overheating and coolant losses issues with regular oil changes made, the engine is going to last you another 100 k miles. Honda engines do not fail that easily.

Nobody puts in new engines. Either you rebuild the old one or get a used engine. An OEM short block, meaning the lower half of an engine is listed at $ 4403.92.

For used or rebuilds it can range from $2000 to $3500 depending on location and engine condition for rebuilds.

Air Filter Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour