As professional mechanic for over 30 years now, I can just about count on one hand the number of jobs that have stump me. The trouble with doing this on line is that you really want to have the job in front of you so you can see things first hand. I solved a problem here the other day by getting the person to go back over what they said was ok, when I just knew there was something not right. So I will give you a list of things to check, as with the other job I asked them to re check things that they said were ok.
1 Pressure test cooling system, no leaks.
2. Check radiator cap.
3. Mixture setting not over rich.
4. Ignition timing set
5. Thermostat tested for opening temp in water brought up to a slow boil on a stove.
6. Coolant concentrate as per specs.
7. Cooling fans cycling not staying on.
8. Lower engine covers fitted.
9. Temp check with a probe type gauge engine hot.
10. Temp sender tested as per spec.
11. Radiator is standard and not a import tropical (heavy duty cooling capacity)
12 Standard Honda thermo fans fitted,
You could try blocking part of the core with a cover to restrict air flow and increasing the core temp. If you have any more questions I am happy to answer them, I am sorry that we have not found you a solution, it will be there, somewhere. That I am sure off.
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 10:11 AM