Heater hose is leaking right where it comes out of the block and goes to the heater core

JAMIE SHIELDS
  • 2000 CHRYSLER CIRRUS
It is leaking rate at the block we're attached to heater hose.
Last winter I had a leak right there where it came out of the block into the heater hose I put a couple bottles of stop leak in it and it stopped. But, now my heater core is plugged. So I got to replace that heater hose. I see how on attaches at the heater core but at the block. I don't understand how to get that off. It's right underneath the distributor.
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 8:35 AM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

Here are a few tutorials for you to read to get you started:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-heater-hoses

I can also include heater core instructions/pictures if needed. I've attached step by step pictures below.Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
-1
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 1:17 PM
JAMIE SHIELDS
Where attaches to the heater core and has spring tension clamps, but were attached to the block is something I've never seen in 50 years. There's no clamp it looks something like a hydraulic fitting how hydraulic fittings go together. It's something I never seen before, but they're definitely not spring tension clamps on the block side only on the heater core side.
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 3:50 PM
DANNY L
Hello again.

Can you take a picture with your smartphone and upload it here? That way I can see what it looks like. Thanks again for using 2CarPros.
Danny-
+1
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 4:39 PM
JAMIE SHIELDS
I'm taking a couple pictures of the heater hoses coming out of the engine block. I am going to send them to you right now. There's a couple couplers on never seen before. How to get them off?
Monday, August 19th, 2019 AT 11:30 AM
KEN
Those are quick connect fitting which just push on at the factory, it will have a small safety and you will need to squeeze the connector to remove.
+1
Thursday, August 22nd, 2019 AT 11:59 AM
JAMIE SHIELDS
Again you guys save me thanks you very very much for all your information
Thursday, August 22nd, 2019 AT 2:43 PM