HEADLIGHTS WERE WORKING AND THEN SHUT OFF

• justbb
  • 1988 Toyota Camry
  • automatic

I fix the motor mounts in my car jump started it test drive it was fine for the first five minutes with the headlights were on I done did my dashboard lit up my high beams kicked on my headlights turned off but my tail lights work and I can't figure it out I checked my fuses on the car in their fine I check the bulbs in their fine and I check the wires that I can see but my dashboard flickers on and off and its been doing that for a couple years if you could or know anything about the problem it would be awesome this is a daily driver and I can't drive at night right now

Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 AT 12:31 PM

• mhpautos

Which mount or mounts did you work on? I feel that you have disturbed one of the wiring harnesses.

Saturday, January 25th, 2014 AT 4:39 PM
  • justbb

I replace the front and back mount I checked all my wires they're all connected as far as I can figure it out its a bad ground and I don't know where to start

Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 AT 7:41 AM
  • mhpautos

Try running 3 new earths, battery to body, battery to engine and engine to body and see if that helps.

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 AT 12:35 AM
  • justbb

You're going to have to explain the earth are you talking about the ground ground the battery to the body in the ground it to the motor

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 AT 6:32 AM
  • mhpautos

Yes that is correct, different country different terminology, so add extra cables from battery (-) to body, Engine and Engine to body.

Friday, January 31st, 2014 AT 12:23 PM
  • justbb

Alright I'll give that a shot any suggestions on what gauge wire I should use

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 AT 7:19 AM
  • mhpautos

8mm or 10mm would be ok

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 AT 12:21 AM