Grit/pebbles

CAJUNGUY1965
  • 1995 CHEVROLET S-10
My 1995 Chevy s10 has a vaccumm pump which plugs into main air intake cover over the throttle plate. There is 4 holes. Two smaller and two larger. One of each is on the left of throttle plate the other two is on the right of throttle plate. I removed the air intake cover and cleaned carbon build up using carburator cleaner. I thought I had the problem solved. While driving the engine stalls. The larger hole only on the right of throttle plate had some grit/pebbles like inside the hole. I cleaned hole and could go a few more miles before stalling again. It looks like this is coming from where tps is. The only place I couldn't clean to well. How do I clean this thoroughly and properly?
Friday, January 22nd, 2016 AT 8:55 PM

Try cleaning your egr passages and clean iac hole as well. Then check hoses for breaking apart.
Saturday, January 23rd, 2016 AT 7:41 AM
CAJUNGUY1965
I have changed cps, fuel pump&filter, tps, iacv, oil pressure switch, cleaned throttle body and plate. The only thing not changed is vaccumm pump harness as and fuel pump regulator. Still having same trouble. Two vaccumm lines that goes to egr and fuel pressure regulator are broken. What can do this?
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 AT 3:05 PM
Old lines can break, grit from pcv if line was bad, excessive heat, maybe wrong type of tubing this is vacuum schematic for a 4.3L tbi hopefully it is correct
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 AT 3:17 PM
CAJUNGUY1965
Mine is a 2.2ltr. 4 cylinder. There was grit in one of the "blow holes" where vaccumm pump plugs in. Would broken plastic vaccumm lines cause this? And is it possible for truck to get vapor locked like the older models did
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 AT 3:42 PM
No it won't vapor lock because of electric fuel pump. Broken plastic would do it though here is correct one
Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 AT 4:58 PM
CAJUNGUY1965
I have replaced vaccumm pump harness. My truck ran fine. I drove it down the road. It didn't give any problems. When I got home I let it run a few minutes then it started doing same thing. Everything is cleaned out except EGR valve. What else could give all this trouble I am having? Someone please help
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 4:09 PM
Check fuel pressure with a gauge auto parts rent it and then can scan for codes as well while there.
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 4:20 PM
CAJUNGUY1965
I have inquired about scanning truck. No one has proper plug for OBD 1 system. They can scan from 1996 and newer.
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 5:33 PM
Cross A & B on connection under dash with a paper clip turn key on watch check engine light and count flashes. They will flash in series of three. 3-1's is 1 then 3-2's that mean 12 and so on if you only get 12 then verything is ok
Thursday, February 4th, 2016 AT 5:47 AM
CAJUNGUY1965
Ok. Thanks
Thursday, February 4th, 2016 AT 1:23 PM
CAJUNGUY1965
I cleaned EGR passages and entire vaccumm system. Truck ran fine for a couple hours then started doing same thing. I inquired at advanced auto parts and autozone about scanning truck. It has an OBD 1 system. No one can scan for trouble codes. It has me very much puzzled
Thursday, February 4th, 2016 AT 6:10 PM
CAJUNGUY1965
I cleaned EGR passages and EGR valve. It ran fine for a couple hours (a lot longer than it did before) then started doing same thing. I checked for vaccumm leaks and broken lines. When carburator cleaner is sprayed in throttle body it does like it ganna die. That's normal. After a few sprays it doesn't do anything. It stays running normal.
Thursday, February 4th, 2016 AT 6:17 PM
I hae no further suggestions to fix your problem unless you say it's fixed.
Friday, February 5th, 2016 AT 7:00 AM
CAJUNGUY1965
Where would the camshaft position sensor be located on a 1995 Chevy s10 with a 2.2 ltr engine? I am still having trouble with the truck. The only thing I have not changed is camshaft position sensor
Monday, February 8th, 2016 AT 4:48 PM
You don'thave a cam sensor on that truck. I have no further comments
Tuesday, February 9th, 2016 AT 6:15 AM