2007 GMC Yukon oil pump, CAM shaft, oil on plug, engine noi

THETULSAN
  • 2007 GMC YUKON
I have a 2007 GMC Yukon XL. It has 90,000 miles on it. Oil pressure started going down and the engine made a ticking noise. Took it to a mechanic and he replaced the oil pump and the cam shaft, and the oil injector nozzles. Soon I had more problems and the mechanic found one of the valve springs broken. The engine started emitting blue smoke and the engine rattles. A computer diagnosis showed # 6 plug not firing. The plug was covered with oil. I changed the valve seals, piston rings, etc but the diagnosis kept showing # 6 not firing and there is still oil on the spark plug.
Monday, September 14th, 2009 AT 6:32 PM

BRIAN 1
A small number of intake valves may have been exposed to an overtemp condition during the heat treat process, starting to see a few with this problem, GM wants us to replace the engine for this condition, no repairs are really necessary just replace the engine. The mechanic should have noticed a broken valve spring when he put the cam in. Post back with what you find.
Monday, September 14th, 2009 AT 7:22 PM