2002 GMC Yukon driver window

HD4FUN2003
  • 2002 GMC YUKON
Drive window will not go back up tryed new main switch and regulator and motoor still not working. If I take the window apart it puut it back up bypushing it up by hand it will go back down by power
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 9:46 AM

DAVE H
Hello .. thanks for the donation .. much appreciated

I would be checking the dark blue wire from the switch to the motor has not got a break in it ?? you seem to have changed everything else ?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_window_2.jpg

Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 2:32 PM
HD4FUN2003
There power in the blue wire when I push the power botton down no power when I push the power button up
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 11:00 AM
DAVE H
There should not be power in blue wire when pressing down ? blue wire is the up feed wire ... is the plug on the wrong way ?? you are getting the live feed to one side of switch but not the other ? it has to be on the switch somewhere ... the dark green wire is the hot feed in for both up and down .. let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_window_3.jpg

Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 1:13 PM
HD4FUN2003
Wires can only go 1 way and there is no brake in the blue or browm. I can jum passenger side when un- plug up or down but can not jump drive side to go up onl down.
I just try new motor and regulator only will go down
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 3:29 PM
DAVE H
The wire connector will only fit one way so that is correct. Your saying you can jump the passenger side both way's. But the drivers side will only go down even if you put 12volts directly to the blue wire connected to the motor? So it has to be the motor. But you also said that you get no power (hot) down the blue wire when you press the up button so the switch has to be faulty as well? Or am I missing something? Because you also said you get power down blue wire when you press the down button which you shouldn't get? This makes me think the switch again? But you have said you have replaced it also. There is only one hot feed and that is working. Am I reading you correctly. You tried putting 12volts directly to the blue wire while it was connected to the motor and nothing happened? If so the motor must not be working correctly
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 4:22 PM