2000 GMC Yukon Low Coolant Light

• 1 POST
  • 2000 GMC YUKON

Engine Cooling problem
2000 GMC Yukon V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125, 00 miles

I started having the low coolant message come on. I checked the coolant before I took it in and it was not low. Temperature was always where it ran about 190 to 200 degrees. Did not come on all the time. Took to a dealer and they said the water pump was leaking a little. Had it replaced. About a week later the coolant light came on. It does not appear to be low and the light after you turn it off and re crank might not come on again for a couple of days. Do I have a bad sensor? If so where is it and how hard to replace.

Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 9:40 AM

• 519 POSTS

If you brought it to the dealer with that concern and your still having the same concern. They might repair it for you. This vehicle is a split year. Meaning they changed body style. If its the old body style the level sensor is on radiator just below the upper radiator hose. If its the new body style it is located on the bottom of the radiator surge tank. Both styles are not very hard to replace.

Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 9:50 AM