ONSTAR MODULE

2007 GMC Truck

fedupwithonstar

February, 8, 2010 AT 7:35 AM

2007 GMC Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

I have a 2007 GMC seirra 2500 HD Deisel truck. I would like to know where the onstar module is located on this truck. Onstar has charged my credit card for the last TWO years without my knowledge. I want to rip out this module and send it to them with a nasty letter. Ive recently lost my job, otherwise I would be happy to pay for this info. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tony

hmac300

February, 16, 2010 AT 12:59 PM

The module is under the dash but is hard to reach and get to. Why don' tyou just call them up and cancel your card to them or tell your credit card company to lno longer pay them. You can always send a nasty letter to them. Besides the next person that owns the vehicle may want onstar and it won't be of any value to them with the module out.

fedupwithonstar

February, 17, 2010 AT 6:08 AM

Can you be a little more specific? I mean with the location of the module. Not your opinion of how I should deal with onstar.

hmac300

February, 17, 2010 AT 11:50 AM

You are welcome to pull the onstar module, it is either under the kick panel on the right side or unde the dahs on te same side. It is not very big. BUT BE AWARE WHEN YOU HAVE ONSTAR AND PULL THE MODULE YOUR RADO WILL NO LONGER WORK. Because the module is hooked into the radio and makes it inoperative is you get rid of it. That is why I said what I did. Also your door locks maybe effected as well as other body workings. These are all hooked up electronically with each other.

fedupwithonstar

February, 18, 2010 AT 7:59 AM

I found it! It is actually directly behind the a/c- heater controls. Unpluged it and everything works with the exception of the xm radio, but I knew that would stop working because of the shared antenna. Thanks

Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement