2500HD SUSPENSION LIFT FROM A DURAM

2001 GMC Truck

devinia

March, 8, 2010 AT 3:53 PM

Suspension problem
2001 GMC Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 163000 miles

There is a suspension lift from a 2005 duramax 2500HD that is willing to trade for a stock heighth suspension. I have a 2001 GMC 2500HD with the 6.0 Vortec with the stock suspension. I was wondering of how interchangeable the suspension components are and if it would be possible to trade straight accross or what would need to be bought? Also how do you install these?
Thank you,
Devin

Front End

Jack42

March, 8, 2010 AT 6:57 PM

I have installed an RCD lift on a 1/2 ton that year. You may want to get the instructions on how to install it, the frame has to be cut where the front diff mounts, and a plate welded in. You have to drill holes for the new torsion bar rear mount. Its not really that hard, but to put the stock stuff back is where the problem maybe if the mount was cut off. Other than that it is basically just bolt in stuff. The Duramax truck may have a heavier torsion bar than your gas engine truck. Be sure to keep the correct torsion bars with the right trucks.

Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda