HAS NOTHING ELECTRICAL WITH A NEW BATTERY?

1994 GMC Truck

vincent banasik

January, 23, 2010 AT 8:32 AM

1994 GMC Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 240000 miles

Is there a fuse or is the computer toast? Recently I removed the alarm system that was aftermarket because it was causing starting problems and I did not use it because I did not have the key pod and the locks are rusty and didn't work so I removed the system box which was a " Auto page" system could there be a small group of added wires that I missed or accidentally cut? It drove for a long time after I did this and one evening an hour after driving it I started it and put it in reverse and went to back down the driveway and lost all form of electrical and the engine shut off, no horn, lights, everything battery is brand new and still has a full charge. The truck is a 1994 GMC K1500 5.7L. PLease Help me! Vince

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

Hi, I'd check voltage at battery junction box. If no voltage, the circuit from the B+ post to junction is faulty. Also, check fusible links at junction, all should be hot on both sides of links. After that, I'd pick one circuit and backtrack. Your the one that has to do the testing, I can only make suggestions. I can't comment on any aftermarket wiring circuits, I don't have anything to refer to.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right