NO POWER

1999 GMC Suburban

dsvolden

March, 16, 2009 AT 6:11 PM

1999 GMC Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

My 99 GMC suburban has no power. If you push the gas pedal down it will not go. If you let up, it will accelerate slowly. The codes that came up are P0131 and P1870. Where would I start?

March, 16, 2009 AT 7:04 PM

Sounds like a transmission slipping problem. Check level and condition of the fluid if it continues get it pressure tested.

Also check and test the throttle position sensor

dsvolden

March, 17, 2009 AT 6:53 AM

I forgot to mention that when it's cold outside, it runs good. Do you think it could be the O2 sensor?

March, 17, 2009 AT 2:01 PM

Could be it came up with P0131

dsvolden

June, 12, 2010 AT 7:27 AM

Ok, I know it's been awhile. I changed the transmission and it ran ok for a month or so. Now, it is losing power again. Exactly the same way. New throttle position sensor, MAf sensor. Any ideas?

swsimonton

April, 9, 2013 AT 11:29 PM

It was transmission fault it has nothing do to engine. I had same problem it was shift solienod problem when I put in 1 gear got power when I shift to 2 at 30 mph took long time to chaange in 2 gear so I has change all solienod inside pan of transmissin finilly got shift correct at start. Got horsepower back normal. Pain in ass !

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado