INTERIOR LIGHTS STOPPED WORKING.

1998 GMC Sonoma

scrarjg

May, 18, 2010 AT 5:40 PM

1998 GMC Sonoma 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 153000 miles

I'm sure it was something I did and I'd like to see if it can be fixed. The vanity lights on the sunvisors were staying on even when in the up positions. Looks like the little pin switches wore out so, I clipped the wires to the lights and removed the lights so, just the wires are left. Now my dome, map or under dash lights do not come on. Any ideas? I tried connecting the wires on each of the visors together but, no joy.

TIA

Panel Lights Dont Work

Glowing Lights

bluelightnin6

May, 19, 2010 AT 2:14 PM

Hello and thanks for donating

When you wired those together you most likely blew the fuse for the interior lights circuit since they share the same circuitry. Until those wires are wired back properly they will continue blowing the fuse if you replace it with new.

scrarjg

May, 19, 2010 AT 6:32 PM

What exactly would the fuse be called? I haven't had a chance to check them yet.

bluelightnin6

May, 19, 2010 AT 7:12 PM

Check fuse #8 labeled CTSY LAMP, 10 amp. If its OK then check out the Inadvertent power lamp relay and also the courtesy lamp relay, both located in the body bussed electrical center (BBEC). The BBEC is behind the left side of the dash, near the instrument panel fuse block.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement