ENGINE OIL PAN REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the engine. Refer to Engine Replacement. See: Service and Repair
2. Remove the oil pan bolts.
3. Remove the oil pan nuts.
4. Remove the oil pan. Use a narrow putty knife in order to separate the oil pan from the engine block.
5. Remove the oil pan rear oil seal.
6. Clean the sealing surfaces of the oil pan and the engine block.
1. Apply a 5 mm (0.193 in) diameter bead of RTV sealer or equivalent to the oil pan side sealing flanges.
2. Apply RTV sealer or equivalent to the oil pan surface that contacts the timing cover.
3. Install a new oil pan rear seal. Apply a small amount of RTV sealer or Equivalent to the oil pan rear seal ears.
4. Install the oil pan.
5. Install the oil pan nuts.
o Tighten the oil pan nuts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.)
6. Install the oil pan bolts.
o Tighten the oil pan bolts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.)
7. Install the engine. Refer to Engine Replacement.
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 AT 9:52 PM