ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM

2004 GMC Sierra

tigger4kec

February, 17, 2009 AT 6:01 PM

Brakes problem
2004 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

The other day I cut my truck off, keys out and I heard something running. I found out that its the motor for the anti-lock braking system underneath the driver's door. It will not stop running - looking for some advice. If I leave it like it is it will run down the battery. Someone told me that all of the brake lights are tied into this device - is this true? What would make it continue to run and how do I troubleshoot?

mmprince4000

February, 18, 2009 AT 7:05 AM

Most likely a relay is stuck. Remove ABS fuse and re-insert, see if that stops the problem, at least temporarily.

If so, then replace relay.

If ABS light is on, then have system scanned by trusted garage with chassis scanner (" C" code).
While most autoparts stores will scan the PCM (" P" codes). They cannot scan chassis codes.

ed_12rod

August, 7, 2009 AT 10:20 AM

You might want to check your pcv valve on the brake cylinder it could be bad thats why the light is turning on.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3