PLEASE HELP! I HAVE 4 KIDS AND NO CAR NOW!

GMC Safari

shanap2406

December, 30, 2006 AT 2:14 PM

OK.I have a 1994 GMC Safari Minivan and for a while every one in a while it hesitated when it was getting started. But not all the time. Just every once in a while. And then the other day it would not start at all.I replaced the distributor cap, button, coil wire and now the ignition module. But still nothing. My brother says it is getting fire to the coil, but only three spark plugs are getting fire. If that is possible. He said it is getting gas and the fuel pump is working. I don't have a lot of money to keep buying parts that are not fixing it. So is there anything you can do to help. Please. I need it fixed so I can get back to work.I donated some money so hopefully I get answered soon. Thanks

Service Writer

December, 30, 2006 AT 5:01 PM

I empathyze with your dilemma. Sometimes it is chaeper to take it to an independent repair shop and have them trouble shoot the problem, versus trying to " save" $. Try swapping a couple ignition wires that are not working with ones that are and see if the misfires change.

Jack42

December, 31, 2006 AT 7:52 AM

Has the " pick-up coil" in the distributor been replaced?Cant think of too many things that give spark out of half the dist. Might want to have it scanned for trouble codes as well

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test