RADIATOR DRAIN VALVE

GMC

pastormrg

March, 1, 2006 AT 2:58 PM

2000 Chevy Lumina - 75,000 miles. I am attempting to flush the radiator but cannot locate the drain valve or petcock. Should I just remove the lower hose? Also, how do I clean the plastic overflow container?

abllls2000@yahoo.com

March, 1, 2006 AT 4:25 PM

If your facing the front of the car. THe drain valve is on your right side under the lower radiator hose. Be careful their plastic and break easly. The reservoir all you can do is remove it and scrub it out. I would just leave it.

pastormrg

March, 1, 2006 AT 6:50 PM

[quote=" abllls2000@yahoo. Com" ]If your facing the front of the car. THe drain valve is on your right side under the lower radiator hose. Be careful their plastic and break easly. The reservoir all you can do is remove it and scrub it out. I would just leave it.

Thanks. I jack it up tomorrow and flush it out.

pastormrg

March, 3, 2006 AT 1:19 PM

[quote=" pastormrg" ][quote=" abllls2000@yahoo. Com" ]If your facing the front of the car. THe drain valve is on your right side under the lower radiator hose. Be careful their plastic and break easly. The reservoir all you can do is remove it and scrub it out. I would just leave it.

Thanks. I jack it up tomorrow and flush it out.[/Quote]

Do you know if the drain plug unscrews or just pulls out?

abllls2000@yahoo.com

March, 3, 2006 AT 6:05 PM

You need to unscrew it. Good luck

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet