PONTIAC AZTEC

GMC

dnordwick

February, 8, 2006 AT 8:02 AM

While I was driving today my car power turned off and then turned right back on. It did this twice. Is this a problem with my alternator?

My Alternator Quit Charging

Charging System Trouble

mvannessjr

February, 8, 2006 AT 8:32 AM

Could be, but first check the battery cables for corrosion. Could be as simple as a loose connection.

dnordwick

February, 8, 2006 AT 8:50 AM

I checked the battery connection is good. I did have a battery that leaked a few months ago there is a little corrosion on cables. When the car shut down I didn't have to start it up again or anything. I'm not even sure if the car shut off.I just know the interior lights and radio went off then back on. Could it be as simple as a fuse?

mvannessjr

February, 8, 2006 AT 8:07 PM

It's probably not a fuse because a fuse can't fix itself. Once they are blown, they are blown. It is probably something simple though.

dnordwick

February, 9, 2006 AT 8:35 AM

After work the radio and control panel were switching on and off every couple of seconds. It also made a clicking noise coming from behind the radio. I took the vehicle to Auto Zone and had everything checked. Everything was fine. A guy there works at a shop and he looked at it and said he's never seen a car do that before. He said it could be in my tbs? I'm not sure what that is. It didn't do that at all this morning. It is running fine for now.

mvannessjr

February, 9, 2006 AT 9:57 AM

I'm not sure what he was referring to either. It is strange for sure, but does sound like some kind of short in the electrical system. What makes it worse is it happens at random. : |

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue