LEAKING COOLANT

GMC

porterbound

May, 3, 2006 AT 8:29 PM

I have a2000 grand am gt. 112000 miles, there is coolant leaking from underneath the block, Directly under the the serpentein belt. I can see a bolt down there where fluid seems to be coming out of. Not sure what the purpose of bolt is. Water pump is dry. No sign of coolant mixing with oil. It is a slow leak, it took me two weeks to find it. Huge puddle on driveway after sitting all night. Thanks[/b]

losone

May, 4, 2006 AT 5:16 PM

You may have a bad water pump. It is driven by the cam chain if you have the quad 4 engine. Let me know

porterbound

May, 4, 2006 AT 8:37 PM

The water pump is bone dry! Somebody said it may be the case surrounding the timeing chain is that possible?

losone

May, 5, 2006 AT 5:19 PM

Internal water leaks are hard to trace. You should have the system pressure checked and see where most of the water if coming from. You may have to remove some sheet metal from the engine to find it. The majority (90%) of water leaks are rubber hose related. Let me know

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement