GAS MILEAGE

GMC

raar

April, 2, 2007 AT 6:54 PM

I have a GMC 3/4 ton pick-up, with a 350 engine. It's sitting at about 270,000.

The truck runs great. The problem is that I can only travel 100 km per 60 litres of fuel. This seems terribly wrong. Or is this just what I have to deal with?

Wiring Issue?

April, 3, 2007 AT 1:33 AM

Get a major tune-up might solve the gas guzzling

raar

April, 10, 2007 AT 6:06 PM

A second gas tank had been added. We had switched to this second tank to see how it was working, because we hadn't hooked up the link to switch from one to the other yet, were waiting for the spring. Went to Sarnia this weekend and had left the truck running. When coming back to the truck, I noticed a puddle beneath the truck, but on the side of the unused tank, (which was half full). I noticed where it was dripping from and took my finger, thinking it had been melting snow, but lo and behold it was gas.
I looked up and noticed that it was also leaking from the gas cap. I opened it up and gas came gushing out.

Am switching back to the original tank as we speak until it can be investigated. I'm thinking gas must be getting to the fuel pump, but any over-flow must be going into the unused tank (it is still hooked up, just not tee'd to the other tank. So for all this time, slowly building up gas and pressure. Does this sound plausible?

April, 10, 2007 AT 6:56 PM

Its possible-its losing pressure

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change and Filter Replacement BMW 525i
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015