CAR SHIFTING INTO NEUTRAL WHEN SLOWING DOWN OR STOPPING????

GMC

Magick_goddess82

January, 15, 2006 AT 11:33 AM

My car is shifting into neutral when I slow down (around 10 mph) or come to a stop. The actual shifter doesn't move but the engion rev's up and I have to shift to neutral then back to drive. I also have to let it warm up after it's sit for awhile (in morning or after work) before it will shift into drive or reverse? Any Ideas? They guy that sold me the car said he took the engion apart and re-built it, and he didn't get something lined back up? I think he was just trying to get rid of the car! Help?

bob77

January, 16, 2006 AT 11:37 AM

The first thing you should do is check your transmission fluid level. If you are not sure how to do this, any service station should be able to help you with that. You should also think about getting your tranmission serviced
[fluid, filter, etc.]. If you have been running on low trans. Fluid you may have damaged your transmission. Get that trans. Level checked first though! Hope this helps and good luck to u.