ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

2005 GMC

Jerry34

March, 15, 2008 AT 8:50 AM

2005 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 45.000 miles

Truck runs great But:

My Battery seems to be no good have to get a jump start occassionally this winter. Seems to get charge from altenator

Last night I noticed my parking lights staying on even after I shut everything off and took the keys out and shut my dimmer switch all the way down.

Could it be the battery is no good and will that make my parking lights stay on? I don't think it is the altanator? Could it be a fuze or a loose wire? I think if the battery has had its day it doesn't have enough power to relay the truck to shut down parking lights thereby juicing my battery out of any charge left.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 10, 2008 AT 3:40 PM

Hi: Either you have a short in the switch itself, or somehow the battery has shorted allowing power to go in reverse. You may want to have the alt checked at a parts store. They'll do it for free as well as the battery. I doubt the battery is causing the light problem. It is most likely the switch, but a bad alt can charge the battery, but it could also have a bad diode allowing it to drain the battery overnight. Have them checked.

Let me know what you find.

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta