CAR HAS FLASHING 'F" AND NOT GOIN

2005 GMC

trin_baje

November, 4, 2010 AT 1:24 PM

2005 Other GMC Models Front Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

2005 Opel Comfort. The car has a tiptronic transmission. While driving the car in automatic, it makes a noise as though it is in neutral, then slows down and shuts off. A flashing " F" appears on the dashboard. The car does not re-start for a while afterwards, then it drives for another 5 minutes and shuts off again. When reverse is selected it doesn't go into that either.

Please Help!

Repair shop suggests transmission regulator and acceleration cable change. Will this help?

Dave H

November, 5, 2010 AT 4:25 AM

You need to have the car/transmission plugged into a diagnostic computer to check for trans fault codes. Sounds like a solonoid inside the trans may be faulty

trin_baje

November, 5, 2010 AT 2:43 PM

I HAD A GUY DO THAT FOR ME AND HE ACTUALLY SAID THE THE TRANSMISSION WAS GOING, GOING ALMOST GONE. HOWEVER, THE REPAIR SHOP SAID THAT THE ARE WILLING TO TRY A ACCELERATOR LEVER TO SEE IF THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM OR THE NEXT STEP WOULD BE A TRANSMISSION REGULATOR WHICH IS PRETTY EXPENSIVE. PS: THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT THE CAR AND THE REPAIR SHOP ARE THE SAME SO I THINK THAT THEY ARE BSING ME. THANKS ANYWAY!