2005 GMC CAR HAS FLASHING 'F" AND NOT GOIN

• Trin_baje
  • 2005 GMC

2005 Other GMC Models Front Wheel Drive Automatic 134000 miles

2005 Opel Comfort. The car has a tiptronic transmission. While driving the car in automatic, it makes a noise as though it is in neutral, then slows down and shuts off. A flashing "F" appears on the dashboard. The car does not re-start for a while afterwards, then it drives for another 5 minutes and shuts off again. When reverse is selected it doesn't go into that either.

Please Help!

Repair shop suggests transmission regulator and acceleration cable change. Will this help?

Thursday, November 4th, 2010 AT 1:24 PM

• Dave H

You need to have the car/transmission plugged into a diagnostic computer to check for trans fault codes. Sounds like a solonoid inside the trans may be faulty

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 4:25 AM
  • Trin_baje

I HAD A GUY DO THAT FOR ME AND HE ACTUALLY SAID THE THE TRANSMISSION WAS GOING, GOING ALMOST GONE. HOWEVER, THE REPAIR SHOP SAID THAT THE ARE WILLING TO TRY A ACCELERATOR LEVER TO SEE IF THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM OR THE NEXT STEP WOULD BE A TRANSMISSION REGULATOR WHICH IS PRETTY EXPENSIVE. PS: THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT THE CAR AND THE REPAIR SHOP ARE THE SAME SO I THINK THAT THEY ARE BSING ME. THANKS ANYWAY!

Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 2:43 PM