BATTERY LIGHT AND GAGES

1994 GMC

firdog7

August, 16, 2009 AT 12:00 PM

1994 Other GMC Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

I have a 1994 GMC 3500HD with a boom mounted. (Old NYNEX truck). There is a an auxillary battery mounted in the engin copartment. Inside the cab is a botton to use the auxillary battery. When I start the engine it runs very rich and loud, and the volt meeter gauge is at the 10v area. If I press the auxillary battery botton it seams to switches over and the volt meeter gauge goes up to 13V+. If I step on the breaks it switches back. If I use the turn signal the gauges start going crazzy, up and down. The alternator is brand new and I just replaced the primary battery which seams to help with the volt meeter staying higher. When I use the the turn signal the gauges still jump back and forth.

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

mickey-d

You need to make sure that_BOTH_batteries are in good shape, and check all your grounds, battery to engine, engine to frame, and engine to firewall. They are really important.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue