1994 GMC BATTERY LIGHT AND GAGES

• firdog7
  • 1994 GMC

1994 Other GMC Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

I have a 1994 GMC 3500HD with a boom mounted. (Old NYNEX truck). There is a an auxillary battery mounted in the engin copartment. Inside the cab is a botton to use the auxillary battery. When I start the engine it runs very rich and loud, and the volt meeter gauge is at the 10v area. If I press the auxillary battery botton it seams to switches over and the volt meeter gauge goes up to 13V+. If I step on the breaks it switches back. If I use the turn signal the gauges start going crazzy, up and down. The alternator is brand new and I just replaced the primary battery which seams to help with the volt meeter staying higher. When I use the the turn signal the gauges still jump back and forth.

Sunday, August 16th, 2009 AT 12:00 PM

• mickey-d

You need to make sure that_BOTH_batteries are in good shape, and check all your grounds, battery to engine, engine to frame, and engine to firewall. They are really important.

Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 10:21 PM