I CHANGED THE STARTER JIMMY IS TURNING OVER BUT ...

GMC Jimmy

hardcrash17

February, 28, 2007 AT 3:53 PM

I changed the starter, jimmy is turning over but will not start. Was running fine before, almost seems like it is back fireing as if it is out of time. Can anyone help? No light is on.

Service Writer

February, 28, 2007 AT 7:08 PM

The starter is with the starting system. Meaning that power is getting to the starter and making the engine spin. When the engine spins, fuel, spark and compression take over and the engine runs. You need to start isolating what is isn't getting between the three.

bhugg

March, 1, 2007 AT 12:51 AM

Check all your fuses. There may be another fuse box under the hood.

Service Writer

March, 1, 2007 AT 4:20 AM

I May be missing something, but What fuse would matter in this case?

bhugg

March, 2, 2007 AT 12:20 AM

I don't know any specifics about the Jimmy. All I know is that when I have a problem like this sounds to me like, then I start from the basics.
I had a electronic engine controls relay fail in my 93 explorer. That wouldn't let the engine run.
I'm just trying to help with ideas.

Service Writer

March, 2, 2007 AT 3:01 AM

I wasn't meaning to be critical, just curious of the thought process. You're right about starting at the basics.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test