2000 GMC Jimmy trouble starting

NCOUSIN
  • 2000 GMC JIMMY
My 2000 GMC Jimmy is having starting problems and its not the battery. It turns over and wants to start, but it just wont. I was driving to work and it was just fine when it suddenly seemed as if the gas peddle didn't matter. No matter how much I pushed it, the RPM didn't follow suit. When I wen to pull over, it suddenly died on me! Then it wouldn't start. So I poured some gas into the intake and it started but immediately died again. After that it wouldn't start no matter what I did. So I had it towed home and got a ride to work. 10 hours later I come home and I check the battery. Its fine so I figure I can try to start it up. It started but again immediately died. When it did start, a ton of white smoke came out right before it died. I'm completely lost. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
Thursday, April 8th, 2010 AT 2:22 PM

Check the oil dipstick for gas-If any remove the upper plenum and investigate the spider assembly-its leaking
Thursday, April 8th, 2010 AT 2:38 PM