SENSOR LOCATIONS- KNOCK SENSOR, TPS SENSOR

1995 GMC Jimmy

James48843

Engine problem
1995 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

My 95 Jimmy check engine light is on. The code readout says TPS sensor faulty, and Knock sensor faulty. I looked up on-line and see what they look like, but exactly where do I look for them? 4.3 Liter V6. FInal question- when I replace the sensors, does the light reset? Or is there a trick to resetting the light/clearing codes?

This is a 95, so it only has the older GM check engine light and the " key" type plug under the dash- not an OBD. Code is 21 and code 43.

Also- side note: I smell gas fumes- the mechanic says the fuel tank is rusty and leaking, but wants a thousand bucks to replace it and the fuel line. This is a snowplow truck only for the driveway. Gas milage is horrible, about 5- 8 MPG. Any ideas? Is it the leak? It runs as if it is running very rich.

thanks in advance.

merlin2021

January, 28, 2008 AT 9:28 AM

Knock sensors are J1 and J2 TPS is C, to reset codes remove the ECM fuse or neg(-) battery cable for 10 seconds...If you have fuel leaks and you have TBI you will be smelling and pumping gas out of any holes! Fix it b4 it burns!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_95KnockTBI_1.jpg