2001 GMC C2500 2001 2500HD 6.6 DIESEL DURAMAX CRANKS, WON'T

• Tapodaca@earthlink.net
  • 2001 GMC C2500

2001 GMC C2500 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 153000 miles

The truck would not crank. I tried jump starting it with no success. I replaced both batteries. Now it cranks, but won't start. What could be the problem?

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 11:01 AM

• Brian 1

Might want to check the crankcase for excessive diesel fuel, could be flooded from cranking. Also check the fuel filter could be plugged or have excessive water in the fuel. We normally have ALOT of problems with the injectors dumping fuel and ALOT of injection pump problems, there very delicate, any dirt in the pump or fuel system will cause a no start.I would also scan for any codes. Did the vehicle run fine before the batterys were replaced?

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 2:15 PM
  • Tapodaca@earthlink.net

The truck was running fine before the batteries died. I changed the diesel filter about one week before the problem.

I disconnected the new batteries again, then disconnected the two wire harness connectors close to the turbo. I reconnected the batteries then the connectors and it started right up. I guess this acted as a "reset"? The good thing is I rolling again.

Regards,
Art

Thursday, January 7th, 2010 AT 9:53 AM