TRANSMISSION REPAIR GUIDELINE

1993 GMC C2500

JimAkridge

January, 15, 2008 AT 10:43 AM

Other Category problem
1993 GMC C2500 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

The auto trans didn't want to shift, so I replaced the 1-2 shift solenoid and now some times it shifts hard
into second, it done this before the solenoid went out and stopped shifting 1-2 besides when it was cold and first started driving it.

Now it's shifting 1-2 but it does shift hard often as if it had a shift kit in it but it doesn't. What else can I do? It has new oil and filter. Does one of these solenoid cause the problem;
pressure control solenoid, Tcc solenoid pulse width modulated, regulator solenoid, lock-up solenoid,

Second problem my truck brake lights won't light up?
I have changed the pedal switch twices, bulbs, fuse,
what else could it be? Is there a relay that could cause the problem or factory in line fuses before the rear tail lights that could effect it in the wiring itself?

I need this truck operational to get me back and forth to work badley, thanks, Jim

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

mastertechtim

January, 15, 2008 AT 10:58 AM

TRANSMISSIONS NOT MY SPECIALTY. ON BRAKE LIGHT ISSUE, DO YOUR TURN SIGNALS WORK IN THE REAR. YOUR BRAKE LIGHT SIGNAL GOES FROM THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH THROUGH THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH THEN TO THE REAR LIGHTS. SO IF YOUR TAIL BLINKERS WORK YOU CAN ELIMINATE THE WIRING FROM THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH BACK. *** IVE REPLACED MY BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH A BUNCH OF TIMES ON MY 94 K 1500. THE LAST ONE I BOUGHT WAS FROM GM AND I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM IN A LONG TIME. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement